A one-day conference for anyone who has or has had cancer, their loved ones, carers and anyone with an interest or working in health and general wellbeing
When: Saturday 27th April 2019
Where: Manchester Art Galley, Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3JL
Cost: £16.58 – £27.24 (early bird now on sale)
The aim of this conference is to share knowledge from experts to enable people to optimise their own health – not to overwhelm, but to share ways in which people can integrate change into their lifestyle at their own pace.
The day will be split into 3 main topics around health and wellbeing:
- Emotional wellbeing (including rest and good sleep quality)
We understand how exhausting a life with cancer can be and how confusing the various messages around wellbeing are. The 3 basic needs are often difficult to manage due to lack of energy, time, funds, information being inaccessible and other life events taking a priority.
What can you expect from the day?
· Why are these things are so important and the evidence behind this (including real life examples)
· How you can start to make sense of the minefield of research that is out there
· How you can make these changes with very little expense and without it taking too much of your time
· A demonstration to get you moving
· Handouts/tip sheets to take home with you
Claire McLusky - Mental health practitioner, group worker and a teacher at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre - Emotional Wellbeing
Silvia Grisendi PhD MSc DipNT mBANT rCNHC - Nutrition
Lizzy Davis - Founder and Developer of CanExercise - Exercise
11:25: Sue De Cesare for Yes to Life intro
11:30: Liz Butler intro and overview
12:00: Clare McLusky on Emotional Wellbeing (including 5 min Q&A)
12:45: Lunch break
13:30: Silvia Grisendi on Nutrition (including 5 min Q&A)
14:15: Lizzy Davis on Exercise (including 5 min Q&A)
This is a non-refundable event.