Having a bit of fun with volunteers at a Yes to Life Shoot!
Everyone has different reasons for volunteering. These range from having the opportunity to undertake activities that would help them learn more about something they are passionate about or simply wanting to give something back.
We offer all volunteers the opportunity to share their reasons for volunteering so that, where possible, we are able to meet their aspirations. We want all our volunteers to feel part of something special and when you join us you will take part in a variety of training programmes depending on what volunteer role you choose.
What can you expect as a volunteer with Yes to Life?
- To receive adequate information, training and assistance, as appropriate, to you as a volunteer in order to be able to meet the responsibilities of your volunteer role.
- To receive support and feedback on how you are getting on.
- We will respect your skills, dignity and individual needs and to do our best to adjust to these individual requirements. We are committed to safeguarding the wellbeing of all service users, employees or volunteers who are involved in or affected by our work. All children and adults, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse and the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- We will treat you as an equal partner with the organisation’s staff, jointly responsible for completion of the charity’s goals and the fulfillment of its mission.
- You will enjoy meeting new people who are often like-minded but from different walks of life.
- You are welcome to join any events being run by the charity whether they are educational or fundraising focused. We also all get together as a group to have some fun and share experiences on a regular basis.
- You will be supported throughout your time with the charity. As some volunteer roles can be remote or working from home we make sure that you are included in what’s going on at HQ. Whether its SKYPE, Zoom or just a phone call that’s needed, we will be in touch.
- You will have the opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
What does Yes to Life expect from you?
- We ask that you perform your volunteer role to the best of your ability and have an enthusiastic approach and genuine interest in the work of Yes to Life.
- That you attend the training courses relevant to your role as a volunteer.
- We ask that you always represent and promote the aims and the values of the charity.
- That you follow Yes to Life’s policies and procedures including health and safety and confidentiality of clients information.
- That you will always advise us if your circumstances change or need further support.
From one of our helpline volunteers:
“I am constantly moved and heartened by the number of people reporting to have had their lives positively affected by Yes to Life. Many people feel that we were their “lifeline” “a light at the end of a tunnel” or helped them to find “inspiration to continue” when they felt hopeless. I am told time and time again that the service we provide is unique. I find volunteering on the Help Line immensely satisfying.”